My parents celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary on Friday, August 28th with a family dinner at Valentino's. We decided to bring Jacob along as the reservation was near his bedtime and crossed our fingers that he would take his bottle and drift off to slumber. I'm sure it shocks no one that Jacob had different plans. He happily took his bottle but sleep was the furthest thing from his mind. At the first sign of fussiness I took him out of the dining room in fear of disturbing others. The rest of the dinner we all took turns trying to get Jacob to sleep while he was busy checking everyone and everything out. Thankfully he was very sweet as long as we didn't have him in his carrier and he was quite the hit with the restaurant staff. However, needless to say, this will be Jacob's last fine dining experience for a long time.
Saturday morning Claire and I drove down to Atlanta to surprise Anne Marie for her birthday. She was completely shocked and we had such a wonderful girlie day! Anne Marie's husband, Brad, treated us to manicures and pedicures and then we went out for Mexican. This was the first time I've left Jimmy with Jacob overnight and I am happy to report they both did well. I am also happy to report that my sweet husband became even more appreciative of me after being Mr. Mom for the weekend.
Happy 38th Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Saturday morning Claire and I drove down to Atlanta to surprise Anne Marie for her birthday. She was completely shocked and we had such a wonderful girlie day! Anne Marie's husband, Brad, treated us to manicures and pedicures and then we went out for Mexican. This was the first time I've left Jimmy with Jacob overnight and I am happy to report they both did well. I am also happy to report that my sweet husband became even more appreciative of me after being Mr. Mom for the weekend.
Claire, Anne Marie (with Baby Boy Stanley) and me
No comments:
Post a Comment