Monday, September 21, 2009

Week of Firsts

Last Saturday Jacob uttered the most precious words ever - Mama! :) Granted, he was whining and sounded quite distressed but, nonetheless, he said Mama while looking at me with outstretched arms. I have witnesses (Jimmy and my mom) but he hasn't said it again so now I'm second guessing our listening skills. I've debated making him really upset to see if that might spark him to shout out Mama again but have obviously concluded that's just plain mean.

This week Jacob started planning his escape route from the crib prompting us to move his mattress down. He's started rolling onto his tummy to sleep which is pretty ironic since a mere week ago you would have thought I was pulling out his toenails when I put him on his stomach. We now hear playful screams before and after naps and bedtime and find him in the crawling position with a mischievous look on his face when we go to get him.

Jacob sat in a restaurant high chair for the first time and did very well with the exception of knocking a glass jar of baby food onto the tile floor. Lovely. I was reminded that all things breakable should be placed at least 10 feet from my son's "Go, Go, Gadget Arms" and that I should only pack plastic baby food containers in the future. Ah, more lessons in mommyhood.

On Thursday, Jacob and I started Kindermusik which is a Mommy and Me class. Here is a picture of Jacob and his new buddies, Eli and Parker. I think Jacob and I are both going to really enjoy the class!
Jacob hasn't tried to walk on his own again since those first couple of steps but he's getting good at cruising and is standing by himself for a few seconds at a time. He's also picked up a lot of speed when walking with our assistance.
Jacob warming up for the UGA game

We had a fun and eventful week. Hopefully this next week will prove to be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment