I've discovered the purpose of a bumper pad. It is a paci keeper. Without a bumper pad pacis end up in all sorts of places- under the crib, behind the crib, wedged under the crib mirror, across the room, etc. It really is quite amazing that Jacob can start with 4 pacifiers in the bed with him at 7:30pm and at 2:00am they have all mysteriously disappeared. This mommy is tired of going on paci treasure hunts in the middle of the night so the bumper pad has been welcomed back into the crib.
My parents kept Jacob on Friday night while Jimmy and I celebrated Jimmy's 31st birthday and my poor mother had the same problem. At midnight Jacob woke up because he couldn't find his paci in the crib. My mom searched and searched and ended up having to pull the crib out from the wall where she finally found the paci. After all the ruckus Jacob thought it was play time and my poor mother was up for 2 hours with him in the middle of the night. She assures me that he was being really cute and sweet but regardless she gets major brownie points for that one. She is such a great Nana! Needless to say I'll be reattaching the bumper pad at her house as well.
I'm a little concerned that Jacob is going to use the bumper pad as a springboard to escape the crib but I'm going to take my chances for now. Plus, the crib does look so much cuter with it on anyway. :)
Jacob playing in his crib after a nap
Yay! A paci for each hand!
We did the same thing! Took the bumper out...and then realized it kept his legs IN the crib and prevented them from getting stuck between the rails!! I'm convinced the bumper saved us from a broken leg!! Jacob is so darn cute...can't wait to get my hands on him this weekend!
ReplyDelete