Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Anna is Six Months Old!

Our sweet Anna is six months old and oh how precious she is!! Anna is becoming more fun each and every day! Anna is a big Mommy's Girl and would love it if I held her all day. I love holding her but thankfully she also adores the Baby Bjorn carrier so I can get a few things done while she rides. When she's tired she loves to snuggle up in a ball on Daddy's chest and have him carry her around. In addition to being held, Anna loves to stand up. She always pushes herself to a standing position when I try to get her to sit down on the floor and does not understand why we encourage her to play lying down. Generally, Anna believes she should only lie down for sleeping and diaper changes but I did snap this cute picture of her "reading".

Anna has found her feet and loves playing with them. So cute! She is also a typical six month old regarding the grabbing, drooling, and putting everything in her mouth. Anna is quick to laugh, smile, and chat and also throw a fit when she's not happy. She can go from one extreme emotion to the next at the drop of a hat.

Anna had a great 6 month check-up. She is 25 inches long (25%) and almost 14 lbs (10%) so she is a petite baby for now.


I love getting Anna in the mornings. She wakes up so happy and will lay in her crib looking around and cooing. Jacob loves coming with me to get her and her face lights up when she sees us over her crib. She sleeps 12-13 hours at night and takes two naps around an hour each.

Anna has started really enjoying books. Her favorites are "The Gingerbread Man", "Where's Spot?", "Look, Look!" and "At the Zoo". Her favorite toys are her Elmo rattle, baby doll, and musical caterpillar. Of course her absolute favorite "toy" to play with is Jacob! Anna absolutely adores Jacob and gets so excited when he talks and plays with her. She moves her arms and legs in excitement and smiles and chats away.


Here is our precious Anna at 6 months!

This was the second picture the photographer took. A moment after this picture Anna decided she'd had enough and would cry unless I was holding her. We were able to get a few sweet pictures of Anna and I together and our photographer happily rescheduled another shoot. Well, our second session was a repeat of our first. Our photographer is so sweet and told me to wait a month and that we'd try again. Hopefully third time will be the charm but I was happy to at least have one picture of her alone!



Anna's pouty face. It's really kinda cute, isn't it?!

We love, love, love our Anna and are so excited about the days to come!

1 comment: