Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amelia Island!

We had a wonderful week with my family at Amelia Island! Here are some of the highlights.

Anna flew on an airplane for the first time! She did great on both flights. A gentleman sitting across from us even commented that she was the best baby he'd ever seen on a plane. Yay Anna!
Jacob also did great on the plane and had so much fun walking around the airport, looking at the planes, playing on the moving sidewalks, eating pretzels and playing with stickers.

Our first night we stayed in and grilled burgers but Sunday night we headed over to Sliders, our favorite restaurant. Here's Jacob enjoying his water wearing his shades.

Anna didn't last long in her carrier but was happy with me holding her. She made friends with the workers hanging out behind us and was happy "chatting" with them.


Mom and Dad thrilled to be at the beach Our attempt at a family picture....why is this so difficult?! :)


Anna was a BIG Mommy's girl all week. She wanted me with her at all times with the exception of a few times when Daddy strapped her into the Baby Bjorn. Thankfully, we had a big shady deck overlooking the beach so I was able to still enjoy seeing the beautiful beach. I love this picture I took from our deck of Gramps and Jacob. We did take Anna down to the beach a few times. She loved it, but then again, she's not picky on location as long as she is in the Baby Bjorn. :)

As expected, Jacob loved playing in the sand!


While we dressed Anna in a bathing suit a few times she didn't make it in the ocean. Here she is showing off what a big girl she is. Nana and I took the kids to the park one morning while the men played golf.


Anna was content in the stroller so Jacob and I enjoyed some play time together.




Anna enjoying some play time with Daddy on the deck



We were able to catch the sunrise since both kids were up at 6am EVERYDAY.



Gramps and I took the kids back to the park. Jacob loves slides and swings!



Giving kisses

Giving hugs


Giving wardrobe advice Daddy and Jacob off to play in the beautiful water!

David also vacationed with us from Saturday to Thursday and Nanny and Aunt Pam visited Wednesday to Saturday. However, I was a poor photographer and unfortunately didn't get pictures of them. :(

Thanks to Mom and Dad for a wonderful vacation! We had a great time and are already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Yay - glad you guys had so much fun! Anna and Kate totally have the same green bathing suit - fashion plates, those two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip! I especially like the pic of Jimmy and the Baby bijorn!

    ReplyDelete