Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Marvelous March

Our big milestone for March is that Jacob is now sleeping in a "Big Boy Bed"! (In other words, we took the side off his crib.) There was absolutely no planning involved which is very un-Kristin-like. It was triggered this past Saturday morning when my sweet boy was politely shouting "Mommy, up please" at 6am. (This is normal.) I am hoping that no longer being trapped in his bed will lend itself to quiet bedroom playing until 7am. We'll see..... Saturday and Sunday were a breeze and I couldn't believe how easy this was. Then came Monday nap time. I walked him back to his bed 39 times (yes, I counted and yes, 39 times) before he gave up and ended up sleeping on the floor by his door. Lovely. Tuesday nap time consisted of me walking him back 24 times. I guess we are improving, right? Night time has gone fairly well and I'm hopeful that nap time transition will be complete soon.
Here is our sweet Jacob all excited Saturday night in his "Big Boy Bed"!


Jacob keeps us entertained and I want to remember all his cute moments . The other day my dad greeted Jacob by saying, "Ole Jake!" to which Jacob responded "OLE GRAMPS!!!!!" Later he was playing with his car and"poured" himself a "cup of coffee", got in his car, and told us he was off to work (just like Daddy). When something negative happens he now says "Aw Man!" We love having a fun two-year-old at home!


Anna will be 5 months old on Thursday and she continues to be our sweet, happy, snugly baby girl! She loves standing up and always wants to be part of the action. Look at this smile!

Jimmy took a few days off in March and we spent St. Patrick's Day at the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time. Jacob rode the carousel for the first time and chose to ride the bear.

Anna started helping out around the house this month....mainly dishes and trying to setting the table. :)




Jacob and Anna continue to interact more and more with each other and they are so precious. I absolutely love seeing them smile and laugh together and wish I was able to capture more of their sweet moments with a camera or video. And to end, here I am with my two precious kiddos at bedtime. I spend so much of my life snuggling with both of them and it is such a joy!





1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Tyler will be crossing the big boy bed bridge soon so I may need some advice when that time comes.

    ReplyDelete