Anna has been a good eater and sleeper from the beginning and at 2 months she has a six hour stretch between feedings at night. She truly is a happy baby and rarely fusses. However, when she gets mad, she is mad!
Anna loves "riding around" with me in the Baby Bjorn both awake and asleep. I think she would stay in it all day long if my back could handle it! Anna also loves her swing and will do short stints in the bouncy seat or Boppy as long as there is sufficient entertainment (which there almost always is with Jacob around!)
Anna is very strong. She holds her head up, pushes off my chest with her arms, and enjoys "standing" and putting some weight on her legs. When I have her on my shoulder she likes to stand up on my belly and crane her head to see everything that's going on behind me. She loves looking at mobiles, lights, and her elephant painting that hangs over her changing table.
Our first two months with Anna have been wonderful with the exception of our three night stint at Vanderbilt. On Thursday, December 16th I was getting Anna ready for bed and thought she seemed a little warm. I took her temperature and it was 101.2 which is over the 100.4 threshold for babies under 2 months of age. I called the pediatrician's office and was advised to take her to Vanderbilt. So, off Anna and I went to the hospital at 10:30pm. (Jimmy was close behind after Nana arrived at our house to stay with Jacob.)
The doctors said they would start treating her immediately with antibiotics, as all babies less than 2 months are treated as if they have a serious bacterial infection. It was scary as they took samples of her blood, urine, and spinal fluid to evaluate over 48 hours for bacterial growth. Needless to say, it was a very long evening. There were no inpatient rooms available so Anna and I were in an ER evaluation room for the night. At 4am a nurse finally brought me a cot so I could lie down and get a couple hours of sleep. We were moved to an inpatient room the next day and stayed Friday and Saturday nights to wait out the 48 hour tests. Thankfully everything came back normal and it was "concluded" that it was a virus that caused her fever and there was no need for concern. We feel so blessed that everything turned out just fine for our precious Anna. Hopefully this will be our last visit to Vanderbilt!
We love you, Anna and look forward to many years of fun with you!!
Anna, I am so glad to hear you are being such a good baby for your Mom and Dad! You are a very blessed little girl...and it already sounds like you are starting to take after you Mommy (she is very chatty, too!):)
ReplyDelete